Monday 3 January 2011

Well here goes...

Some people go through life searching for that special someone and never find them, others are lucky and find what they've longed for. For the lucky few, to have that special someone stumble into their lives when they didn't even know they were looking is special indeed. I, belong to the latter category and I wouldn't change a thing...

I was dreading the recent festive period and had no idea how I was going to get through it unscathed.. I reckoned without Diane, this amazing lady, whilst fighting a chest infection, flu and preparing for Christmas with her family never lost sight of me for one second. At every available moment she was there ensuring I was upbeat and positive. Every minute she could (and even when she really couldn't at times) spare she spent with me ensuring I was involved in as much as possible, even as far as us having our own Christmas a week earlier at my Aunt's house. Spending day after day with me when she really aught to have been at home typifies the woman and how she puts everyone else before herself... The festive period has come and gone and apart from a "moment" on New Years Eve I feel that I have come through relatively unscathed largely down to Diane's love for me and concern for my well being... I could go on and on about how she's helped me recently but hey, that might come later if anyone wants to here and indeed think that what I babble on about is actually worth reading... I do hope so tho'.

Writing is not a strong point of mine so any comments regardless of how critical they may be will be absorbed and hopefully help me as I try and eventually write a blog worth reading..

Well.... here goes...

10 comments:

  1. Well done. I know how it is to write that first post and THANK YOU for making it about me. I'm not sure that I deserve such wonderful words but I am very touched by each and every one of them. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply credit where it's due... You know yourself just how much you've done for me over the festive period, I dread to think how I'd have coped without you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Well done Graham. The first post is the hardest. I should get back to writing on my blog, but like so many other things in my life, it gets put to the wayside. And Diane- you deserve EVERY word!!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really nervous, english is not my strong point and I get frustrated at times when I can't put down in words what I'm trying to say..

    Mel, the girl has been an absolute star, what else can I say.. I am the luckiest man in the world for sure...fact! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graham, doll, I applaud you for doing what many do not or cannot -- simply putting pen to paper (or rather fingers to keyboard) and WRITING. Well done, sir! Now you're ready to help me with my book, right?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as it's no more than four pages long and we can put lots of drawings in it too ;)

    I was sooooo nervous Nikki but as ever Diane was there it "hold my hand" and encourage me to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graham!

    I am so very proud of you for even attempting to write a blog! I have always wanted to, but never got up the nerve, so big kudos to you! The things you said about your lovely Diane were so very sweet, and better yet, so very true! I am pleased to no end with the love the two of you have for each other.

    I hope you will continue your blog - if you do, I will continue to read it! I think it's great that you try when you say writing is not your strong suit. That's gutsy and means to me that you do indeed have something worthwhile in that bald(ish)noggin of yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of drawings...I LOVE it!! Oh and NEVER put yourself down for your writing and NEVER forget the huge talent that you have for painting either. Oh YES, everybody..our Graham is a really accomplished watercolourist (another new word?) who has even sold his paintings. For real money!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing what you can do with painting by numbers there days :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like others have said, Graham, the first blog post is the hardest. I, too, should get back to writing on mine on a regular basis!

    Good job - and yes, Diane is an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete